Types of Pallet Live storage
- First in/first out (FIFO) – this system uses gravity to carry goods after they are placed on the loading face, after which the pallets can be removed at the off-loading face (first-in/first-out principle).
- Last in/first out (LIFO) – pallets are loaded and unloaded from the same side, where the fork lift thrusts the pallets into a specific storage space and they are returned by the force of gravity if pallets are removed. Also known as Push-Back Racking.
Benefits of using the Pallet Live Storage System
- This system requires fewer aisles, which frees up more space for storage
- Store extra stock in the lanes to make order processing easier
- Increase productivity by reducing the amount of time taken to travel between storage locations
- Easily handle large volumes of the same SKU of products, with the help of long storage lanes
- Cut energy costs – the Pallet Live system limits lighting to the load and unload areas. In the case of cold room storage, the system also allows you to reduce refrigerating costs as a result of lower cubic volumes stored in the warehouse.